How to Realize Fortune in Failure

When one of my uncle’s said that there is nothing that hasn’t been seen, said, or done before I am almost positive he, like too many, have NEVER considered the perspective I’m about to lay down gently in this here post.

There is one way to attain fortune, and not have to be concerned about failure ever again.

A deep, grateful spirit.

True story.

One day a group of people were asked, “if you could select one ‘thing’ to have forever, which one ‘thing’ would it be: money, health, love, wisdom, or happiness?”

Many in the group chose money. Having all the money one could possibly want would take care of all the other options, this group felt.

Some chose health, believing that all the money in the world wouldn’t cure some illnesses.

There were those who chose love. Who wouldn’t want to be loved forever, right?

And what about wisdom? Unsure if anyone chose this one however. I guess, up against the other options, who really needs this one?

Only one person chose happiness. Well, make that two. Myself and the examiner.

Though there won't be days without the eyeball rolls and gripes, the deep happiness referred to in this context allows contentment with our financial status, whatever it is. Makes us grateful for each breath we take, however shallow. It shows up in our outlook and wisdom, and assuredly embraces an unshakeable love.

Imagine being happy with no one and nothing. Imagine being in pain, and still being happy. Imagine others standing around counting your so-called failures, while you’re counting your blessings. Imagine being told “your blessings can be taken away,” and there you are, still happy.

Imagine a happiness that transcends any and everything that is, might become, will be or can be. And just so that no one thinks I’ve drummed up all this noise for show-and-tell and commercial art, there was a time when I asked you-know-who, ‘why was it that everything I worked so hard on, didn’t achieve x, y, or z?’

And you know what you-know-who said don’t you? “You said you wanted “H”, I was told. “So I gave you ‘H’.”

Let me assure you, there is nothing…NOTHING… in the here-and-now and ethereal world that can outmaneuver, outdo, or trump being happy forever.

That story shared, I’m reading The Lobster Chronicles by Linda Greenlaw. So far, this book is making me even happier. And despite lagging in my reading goal set for the year, out of 14 books read so far, I have 7 that I anticipate to be in the top 10 Best Read runnings for 2015!

Comments

  1. You've made a good point. Most people are inclined to choose money, but although money can buy you what you want. It can't buy what you need: happiness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a good point. Most are inclined to choose money, but although money can buy you what you want. It can't buy you what you need: happiness and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny though. The other week I was asked it I needed money. I said, "no," forgetting to clarify want vs. need.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts