OEBooks Launches A New Look


Today my website went live, in addition to OEBooks getting a new look, all thanks to a super talented web development team. In my book they are experts because... because... well gosh-doggonit, because they had me to work with.

Look, I'm just going to go on and say it. I sure hope I was an okay client. I don't typically categorize myself an extreme expert at compromise when it comes to anything I'm passionate about; which (as if this needs to be added), I was very passionate about OEBooks' old look, for both my blog and website. But I think I did pretty well, in as far as compromise goes. I tied on my compromising hat real tight when told all of my precious designs would have to be redesigned, and clenched my teeth extra hard to some very candid counseling, and said, "okay, sure, I promise... you'll hear not a peep out of me."

Now, I haven't yet been given a direct answer when I asked how I did, but NetWorkFolio gets the top grade from me for being patient, thorough, honest, and combining my vision and goals to design and build a website that is attractive, clear, informative, and interoperates with a multitude of platforms. 

There's still a little bit of organization (on my part) that needs to be done (on my blog); but thanks to the nice work done this will not affect all of the book paraphernalia yet to come.

In the meantime, I'm reading Benefit of the Doubt by Myra A. Dorsey, and so far this book is as good as good can get. It's so fitting my mood. I'm already invested into the writing; nestling and cozying up real close with this one. Kendall is something else, and the storytelling is super fantastic. It's still too early to tell, but something tells me this one might end up as one of my top 10 favorite reads this year.

And oh, yes, I see J.K. Rowlings 'first book for adults' is out. 'The Casual Vacancy.' No matter where I click I can't avoid missing it because it is everywhere, just short of tapping me on the shoulder to remind me of my promise. So, here goes one more book I'll be adding, since a promise is a promise.

Comments

  1. :-) I'm halfway through The Casual Vacancy. It's certainly different from Harry Potter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no... though I suspected, despite having never read one of her books...that this one might really test my patience. But I have my fingers (and toes) crossed really tightly, hoping I like it, since I promised to review it if it hits the number one spot... which of course it did.

      Delete
  2. It was a pleasure working with you! Now your fans can look at your website on their mobile devices like iPad, iPhone, Android and of course, any computer!

    By the way, we love the illustration you made of us taking down your old site in exchange for the new one. You should seriously feature more of your artwork throughout your blog and website.

    Enjoy the new website RYCJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nando & Gabi. I really appreciate everything you have done.

    And glad you liked the illustration, though it may have been a lot sadder, actually It would have never happened, had it not been for what you've done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts